Initiative aims to be harbinger for rapid mindset change on gender parity & inclusiveness
Kuala Lumpur, March 28, 2019: Women Leaders, Professionals & Entrepreneurs from diverse sectors based in Malaysia came together at a glittering nite of celebration & networking at the 2nd Women Icons Malaysia Summit & Awards held at Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur Hotel today. The Awards that followed the summit presented the Women Icons Malaysia Awards 2019 to some of the chosen Women Achievers resident in Malaysia, in celebration of their grit and achievements.
An initiative by Singapore-headquarted Business Excellence & Research Group Pte ltd. (BERG), Women Icons www.womenicons.com is a premier regional platform that celebrates and honours the accomplishments & contributions of women who have excelled in different spheres of life. The Women Icons Network (WIN) is also in the process of creating a Gender Parity Index that will measure the levels of gender diversity across organisations in South East Asia.
Malaysia’s pioneering woman banker and current Non-Executive Chairman of Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia, Datuk Yvonne Chia presented the Key Note Address at the summit, sharing her thoughts on the initiatives women must take to succeed. She said, “To be successful you need not be very clever, but you definitely need to be smart. You need to make the most of the opportunities that come your way.”
The summit theme was “The Millennial World View Towards Gender Parity & Inclusiveness”. The panelists comprised of Datin Kalavalli Sethu, Managing Director, Compass Insights, Ms Faridah Hameed, Founder, FaridahHameed.com, Ms Amy Seok, Founder-CEO, Money Compass Media Group and Mr Victor Tay, Former Vice Chairman, United Nations Global Compact.
Vishwesh Iyer, Managing Partner & Director, BERG Singapore said “It is very exciting to host the 2nd edition of Women Icons Awards in Malaysia. We would like our initiatives under the Women Icons Network to be a catalyst for rapid change in societal mindsets to bring about Gender Parity & Inclusiveness in the work & social environment”.
The Women Icons Malaysia 2019 Awards were presented to a total of 18 women achievers & leaders. These included:
- Dato’ Aliyah Karen, CEO, MAA Medicare Charitable Foundation
- Anne Rajasaikaran, CEO, The Budimas Charitable Foundation
- Datin Sri Dato’ Cynthia Teh Kim Hong, Group CEO, YS Hampers & YS Master Group
- Elain Lockman, Co-Founder & Director, Ata Plus Sdn Bhd
- Evelyn Chue, President, People Psyence
- Dato’ Foo Mei Yen, Co-Founder, Hair Max+ Malaysia
- Datin Irene Lee, Co-Founder & Director, Team Keris Berhad
- Lillian Tay, Vice President, Veritas Design Group
- Low Ngai Yuen, President, Kakiseni & Founder, WOMEN:girls
- Datin Malliga Subramaniam, Sr Managing Partner, Oxydata Software Sdn Bhd
- Michelle Hah, Executive Director, Fire Fighter Industry Sdn Bhd
- Datin Norliza Razali, Group CEO, Tresdata Sdn Bhd
- Nuraizah S Baharin, CEO, Madcat World
- Dr Rozieta Shaary, Director, AL Advancement of Human Potential Sdn. Bhd
- Sheznie Merican, CEO & Founder, Check It Out Worldwide
- Dr Siti Hafizatun, Director, Dutamas Dental Clinic
- Trine Sofie Tveen Nielsen, Co-Founder & MD, LinkFacility Global Sdn Bhd
- Datuk Zunaidah Idris, Head of Dealing, Hong Leong Investment Bank