Skills aligned curriculum that can be easily accessible by the youth through the digital methods would shape the future for developing economies in Asia. This was the unanimous view of the educators and professionals at the 4th Icons of Learning Summit & Awards hosted by the Singapore-based Business Excellence & Research Group (BERG).
A premier thought leadership, networking & recognition platform, Icons of Learning witnessed participation from education institutions ranging from schools, colleges, private universities as well as edtech startups from South & South East Asian countries.
The panel discussion on the topic “Education to Employment: Managing the Skills Gap” included distinguished professionals like Wayne Marriott – Executive Director – Kaplan Learning Institute Singapore; Mr. Steve Glaveski, CEO, Collective Campus, Melbourne; Prof. Christina Hong – President, Technological & Higher Education Institute, Hong Kong; Ms. Sindhu Sreebhavan – CEO Asmanyminds Singapore and was moderated by Manoj Aravindakshan – Editorial Director, AsiaBizToday Singapore.
“Skills based Education is need of growing economies including India & other SE Asian countries and we hope that these award winning institutions will inspire other schools of higher learning to also commit to enriching people with industry-relevant skillsets and knowledge to thrive in the new economy,” said Vishwesh Iyer, Managing Partner, BERG Singapore. In addition to providing world class infrastructure, Institutions these days are embracing innovative curriculum delivery methods & approaches to enhance learning experiences; this would go a long way in building a skilled economy, especially in Asia.
Leading educational institutions from India, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, UAE & Malaysia were presented the Icons of Learning 2017 Award in recognition to their unique approaches in education management & quality delivery methods.
The 2017 Icons of Learning Award winners were:
- My Private Tutor, Kolkata, India – Leading Online Education Portal
- Meridian School, Hyderabad, India – Emerging Private School
- Maria’s Public School, Guwahati, India – Leading Private School
- SAGE University, Indore, India – Leading Private University in Central India
- Kaplan, Singapore – Best Private Education Institution
- Kaplan Learning Institute, Singapore – Leading Corporate Training & Skills Development Provider
- ISBR Business School, Bangalore, India – Emerging B-School – Academic Excellence
- Miles Bronson Residential School, Guwahati, India – Leading Residential School
- Brickfields Asia College, Malaysia – Leading Institution for Legal Education
- ASM Group of Institutes, Pune, India – Leading Higher Education Group
- KLAY Schools, Bangalore, India – Emerging Chain – PreSchool & Day Care
- Dusit Thani College, Bangkok, Thailand – Leading institution for Undergraduate Studies
- CHIREC International School, Hyderabad, India – Leading K12 Education
- Integreat Centre, UAE – Skills Champion
- Auuro Educational Services, Chennai, India – Leading Education Solutions Company
- N. K. Dutta, Founder & Principal, Miles Bronson Residential School, Guwahati, India – Distinguished Educationist
- Ratna Reddy, Founder & Director, CHIREC International School, Hyderabad, India – Excellence in Leadership
- Harshana D. Perera, Principal, Asian International School, Sri Lanka – Distinguished Educationist
Asia Learning Resources, MediaKindle, FII-News, Global Citizen Forum (GCF) and AsiaBizToday were the supporting partners to the 2017 Icons of Learning conclave & awards.
Established in 2013, Singapore-based Business Excellence & Research Group Pte Ltd (BERG) is committed to nurturing and promoting business excellence across diverse sectors. In this quest, BERG has gone on to establish thought leadership, networking & recognition platforms over the past few years since its inception. The areas of focus include Urbanisation & Real Estate, Learning & Skills Development, Medical & Healthcare as well as Entrepreneurship and Startup Ecosystems.
BERG’s Advisory Board and Executive Team brings together people with diverse and combined international experience of over 50 years. BERG has a presence across key emerging markets of Singapore, Malaysia, India, Thailand, Philippines. For further details login to www.bizexcellence.com.sg
For further enquiries, write to firstname.lastname@example.org