Leading educationists & institutions feted at 2016 Icons of Learning Conclave
SINGAPORE, NOVEMBER 24, 2016 – Digital technologies are increasingly ubiquitous, and enable new forms of knowledge production, socialization, communication and play. More than ever, developing school-wide strategies to develop and support 21st century learning is dominating the educational landscape. This was the unanimous view of educators and edtech startups at the 3rd annual Icons of Learning conclave & awards hosted by the Singapore-based Business Excellence & Research Group (BERG) here.
A premier thought leadership, networking & recognition platform, Icons of Learning witnessed participation from education institutions ranging from schools, colleges, private universities as well as edtech startups from South & South East Asia.
The panel discussion on “Changing Paradigm of Learning in the Digital Age” had Mr David Edwards, CEO & Head of School, GEMS World Academy, Singapore, Mr Shivanu Shukla, CEO & Founder, Teamie and Mr Bernard Golstein, CEO & Co-Founder, VivaLing as the speakers. The session was moderated by BERG Founder & Managing Partner, Mr Vishwesh Iyer. “Education is one of the key sectors fuelling sustainable growth for the region, and we hope that these award winning institutions will inspire other schools of higher learning to also commit to enriching people with industry-relevant skillsets and knowledge to thrive in the new economy,” said Mr Thomas McMahon, Chairman, Advisory Board, BERG Singapore.
Author, Storyteller & Entrepreneur, Mr Hemant Bohra was the keynote speaker on the occasion, Mr Bohra published his first book, Your Story Your Way, earlier this year. He spoke in depth of the essence of storytelling as a primary tool to impart life-long learning. At the Gala Awards evening that followed, some of the leading educational institutions and edtech companies from India, Singapore & Malaysia were recognised for their continuous innovation and delivery in the learning process with the 2016 Icons of Learning Awards.
2016 Icons of Learning Award winners
- GEMS World Academy, Singapore – Leading International School
- The Aryan International School, Varanasi, India – Leading K12 Education
- PSB Academy, Singapore – Best Private Education Institute
- Phoenix World School, Pune, India – Emerging School of the Year
- Binary University, Malaysia – Leading University for Entrepreneurship Education
- Tagore International School, New Delhi, India – Leading Private School Operator
- Brickfields Asia College – Best Law School in Malaysia
- Ashoka University, Sonepat, India – Emerging Private University
- Graphic Era University, Dehradun India – Leading Private University
- eAge EduSolutions, New Delhi, India – Innovative EduTech Company
- Krishna Public School, Raipur, India – Leading Private School Operator
- Dr. Kamal Ghanshala, Chancellor, Graphic Era University, Dehradun, India – Distinguished Educationist
- Satish Chathanath, Pollen Cubes, Chennai, India – Excellence in Teacher Training
- Dr. Rudrangshu Mukhkerjee, VC, Ashoka University, Sonepat, India – Distinguished Educationist
- Mrs. Madhulika Sen, Principal, Tagore International School, New Delhi, India – Excellence in Administration
Asia Learning Resources, MediaKindle, FII-News, Global Citizen Forum (GCF) and AsiaBizToday were the supporting partners to the 2016 Icons of Learning conclave & awards.